ERA to hold sustainability conference on 31 March
The European Rental Association (ERA) will hold an online conference on sustainability in construction and the circular economy on 31 March 2021, from 10:00 to 11:45 CET.
The event – Building a sustainable future: transitioning towards a circular and low-carbon construction sector – will ask how a low-carbon construction sector can contribute to Europe’s green recovery; where the biggest opportunities are for lowering emissions; and how the sector can encourage more circular practices.
Registration for the event is free and can be completed by clicking here.
The session will include two panel discussions, one focusing on EU policy and the second on the construction equipment supply chain. Speakers will include:
- Iskra Mihaylova MEP, Renew Europe Group
- Philippe Moseley, Policy Officer, DG GROW (Directorate General for Internal Market, Industry, Entrepreneurship and SMEs), Circular Economy & Construction Unit, European Commission.
- Audrey Nugent, Head of Advocacy, World Green Building Council.
- Sue Arundale, Technical and Environmental Affairs, European Construction Industry Federation (FIEC).
- Peter Jordansson, Senior Vice President Purchasing and supplier Management, Volvo CE.
- Douglas McLuckie, Managing Director – Environment, Social & Governance, Ashtead Group.
- Michel Petitjean, Secretary General, European Rental Association (ERA).
KHL Group’s Murray Pollok will moderate the supply chain session, while ERA’s Carole Bachmann will chair the EU policy discussion.
The event will also feature a video on the ERA Equipment CO2 Calculator, the recently launched and free-to-use online tool to enable equipment users and owners to make sustainable choices when using construction equipment.
This article first appeared in the ERA Rental Weekly.